Johnny,

When allocating any dataset under TSO or BATCH I always ensure the DISP
parameter is properly set.

If you just code a DD statement of

        //DD1  DD DSN=datasetname

Then the default DISP is OLD,DELETE.  That means at job termination the data
set will be deleted.  I will let others on the list address how DFSMS might
change that statement.

So if you are using

        ALLOOCATE DSN(CENTER.UADS) DD(SYSUADS)

During the time of your TSO session, the CENTER.UADS data set is allocated
with OLD which is an EXCLUSIVE enq and not SHARED.

I would use instead

        ALLOCATE DSN(CENTER.UADS) DD(SYSUADS) SHR REUSE

To make sure the defaults are not used and a data sets is not accidentally
deleted.

I am not sure if the default for ALLOCATE under TSO is OLD,DELETE as well.
If it is, then you also risk accidentally deleting the data set when it is
freed from your TSO session.

The whole point is if you do not specify a DISP parm then the default of OLD
is usually used.  That creates an exclusive ENQ and no one else can use the
file until it is released.

Second, you probably need to review the TSO/E REXX and TSO CLIST manuals.
They have many examples on how to set up CLIST and REXX execs that run in
Batch or TSO.

Lizette Koehler