From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:22 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: 'ALLOCATE' a data set in my TSO/E session

Johnny,

When allocating any dataset under TSO or BATCH I always ensure the DISP
parameter is properly set.

If you just code a DD statement of

//DD1 DD DSN=datasetname
Then the default DISP is OLD,DELETE.  That means at job termination the data
set will be deleted.  I will let others on the list address how DFSMS might
change that statement.

So if you are using

ALLOOCATE DSN(CENTER.UADS) DD(SYSUADS)
During the time of your TSO session, the CENTER.UADS data set is allocated
with OLD which is an EXCLUSIVE enq and not SHARED.