Enclose it in quote marks. Otherwise, as you've noticed, the data is
uppercased.

F PROCESS,'lower case'

would get 'lower case' (including the ' marks)

F PROCESS,lower case

would get, as you've seen, LOWER CASE

I don't think there is a way to get around this. From what I've seen,
this was designed for the convience of the operator so that they could
enter:

s task,dsn

instead of being forced to enter:

S TASK,DSN

Remember all of this was designed when 3277's were the main operator
console. And the original ones could only display UPPER CASE.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.