IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 07/22/2011
08:46:56 AM:

> Not every product that runs under TSO/ISPF can use LIBDEFs or ALTLIBs,
or
> TASKLIBs.
>
> I think there is a Share requirement out there (for ages I think) for
IBM to
> address this issue.  So far, there is still no dynamic Steplib process.
>
> I think the TSO-REXX group has had some discussions on this topic as
well.

  The only supported mechanism in MVS for adding to the
module library search order within as address space is an ATTACH with
a TASKLIB.  This is the only supported way to set TCBJLB.

  Any program which modifies TCBJLB in an existing TCB is
wrong to do so.  I would recommend against having any such
program installed on your system.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY