Esmie,

Those control cards are input to DSS, and have absolutely nothing to do with
the allocation of TAPE1, which is in JCL.  By the time DSS reads the control
cards, the allocation of the datasets defined in JCL is already complete.
Those keywords in DSS control statements are used for dynamic allocation of
datasets in COPY operations, and are not valid for DUMP.

 If you want TAPE1 to be non-SMS, then there must be something on the JCL
statement that tells the SMS STORCLAS routine to assign a null STORCLAS to
the allocation.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM, esmie moo <esmie_...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Greg,
>
> I am trying to bypass SMS.  This is why I am using these control cards in
> the job:
>       BYPASSACS(**) -
>       STORCLAS(NONSMS) -

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.