On 8/25/2011 11:54 AM, Carlos Bodra - Pessoal wrote:
Hello

We have an z/os 1.8 running under a lpar in a z890. Now we have a chance
to move it to a z10 BC machine, but
during IPL we are getting iea304w wait 80009064.

We already tried a lot of combinations of CSA, ECSA, SQA and ESQA values
and we continue to getting waits during
IPL. Since z/OS isnĀ“t my native operating system (I come from z/vm and
z/vse), I will be saying thanks a lot for
hints how to solve this problem, so I can start z/os 1.8 update to
support z10.

My guess is that you are running out of ESQA before the IEASYSxx
values are processed.

try specifying something like

INITSQA  0016K 0001M

in the LOADxx member of IPLPARM.