From: Phil Smith III <li...@akphs.com>
Sender: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Date:         Sat, 27 Aug 2011 13:22:02
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Subject: Re: Book: What On Earth is a Mainframe?

Ted MacNeil wrote:
>I never said that!
>Hence, nonsequitor!
>Or worse: strawman.

OK, so what were you suggesting? That's how I interpreted what you said. I
asked you to elucidate; "I never said that" really doesn't do so. I'd really
*like* to grok what you're saying. As I noted, what I wrote was meant as an
analogy. That doesn't make it a non sequitur (two words, note spelling). I
certainly did not intend to introduce a straw man argument. So again: please
elucidate?
--
.phsiii