Ted MacNeil wrote:
>I said MVS.
>You said Model-T vs Taurus as a misrepresentation of what I said: what's
the difference?

>If that's not a strawman, what is it?

It's an analogy. Read up on it. Take a basic logic course.

>PS: a few others have pointed out that MVS is still an essential component
of z/OS.

Precisely: they aren't the same thing. Thank you for making my point.

>PPS: I think your analysis of the manuals is flawed.
>Try just looking at the z/OS ones for a specific release (say 1.12).
>How many have MVS in the title?
>I can name two.
>One validates the usage of the term.

Wow. Did you even read what I wrote? That's what I analyzed.

>PPPS: I found my spell checker accepts both spellings of n/s.

Great. Get a real spell checker. Not even in Canada is it spelled as you
suggest. Usage evolves, but not like that.

>PPPPS: I really do NOT to argue this trivia!

I think you the verb, probably "want". Nor I. You're the one who responded
to a valid comment on a book with a statement that suggested that because
you still call it "MVS", calling current hardware by an obsolete name was
somehow reasonable. Now *that* is, arguably, a straw man.

...phsiii (done with this)