On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 14:48:15 -0700, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

>When I run the AMDSADMP macro, I use options for zero operator
>intervention:
>
>   ...CONSOLE=SYSC,REUSEDS=ALWAYS...
>
>This puts messages on the HMC operator console (no worry about device
>condition) and specifies that the new dump overwrites any existing dump
>without prompting. The title will always be "*** TITLE PROMPTING WAS
>SUPPRESSED ***", but that's a small price to pay for an autopilot
>standalone dump. It's as close as you can get to fail-safe.

I use

DDSPROMPT=NO,
MINASID=ALL,
REUSEDS=ALWAYS,
CONSOLE=((cuu,3277),(cuu,3277),,))

Which does the same thing with the correct loadparm to use the HMC.   We also
have
a SADUMP group on the HMC for manual SADUMPs (just drag and drop) that has
the same SMSYSC loadparm setup.

I usually test with a ICC console and "manual" load address and loadparm.  You
can
still use a 327x if you want with loadparm overrides I assume CONSOLE=SYSC in
the macro I assume?  (time for a little RTFM)

>I've never tried switching sysres volume with REIPL.

I did it once as a test in my sandbox thinking - "this is good, we don't even
have
to use the HMC".  But then I realized that the next person who went to the
HMC to IPL (that didn't use REIPL in the VARY XCF command) would end up
IPLing from the "old" sysres address.   Not good.   Now if there was an
option to also update the load address in the HMC when you used DIAGxx
for the REIPL, then I would do it.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com