In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 12/20/2005
   at 03:01 PM, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Howard did specify GROUPEXTEND, which should automatically APPLY
>needed corrective maintenance.

No; it will only automatically apply needed maintenance that is in the
PTS. It is quite common for hold data to add an error hold for which
the fix is not available, or for which the shop did not yet RECEIVE
the fix. The proper resolution is to download and RECEIVE the
corrective service and its prerequisites, then retry the APPLY CHECK.

>In Howard's text, I see:

That's where I got the APAR number from.

>is it possible "AQ64238" is a typo for "PQ64238"?

Unlikely. The confusion has been discussed to death here multiple
times. IMHO, IBM needs to do a better job of documenting it. One
number is used for tracking the APAR status, the other is used for
packaging fixes into a PTF. You might have a PTF for a different FMID
that superceded a different APAR number, with the last five characters
the same.

>Item PQ64238
>  APAR Identifier ...... PQ64238      Last Changed ........ 02/10/02
>
>  Status Detail: SHIPMENT - Packaged solution is available for
>                            shipment.
>
>  PE PTF List:    UQ67493 UQ67494
>
>  PTF List:
>  Release 120   : UQ68885 available 02/09/05 (F209 )
>  Release 140   : UQ68887 available 02/09/05 (F209 )

Since he has HIP6140, the corrective service that he needs to download
and RECEIVE is UQ68887 and its prerequisites. As always, he should
RECEIVE the latest HOLDDATA before doing an APPLY.

  • Re: SMPE Question Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)