In <5673187431278464.wa.paulgboulderaim....@bama.ua.edu>, on
10/16/2011
   at 03:15 PM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> said:

>It never "switch[es]".

How do you define switch.

>TZ specifies a formula for converting system clock
>values to civil time values.

That formula includes start and stop dates.

>That formula will be exactly the same a month
>from today as it is today.

The formula

TZ=EST5EDT,3,2,0,7200,11,1,0,7200,3600

will not change. The output for a given input, however, will change. I
call that a switch.

>Given identical inputs, it will yield identical
>outputs next month as now.

Not unless you ignore everything after the first field.

>BTW, I've been looking at the description of the STCKCONV macro I
>see no mention of a "ZONE={LOCAL|GMT} parameter.  Does it lack one?

A quick look at the macro definition should answer that.

>RCF time?

Il va sans dire!