previous version of a GDG file.
> The job is newly created  and when it runs 1'st time this will be a
issue as the there is no version.
> Pls advise how we need to address in this scneraio.

With what little information you've provided, try something like:

//. . .
//NEWFILE  DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=your.gdg.ds.name(0)
//OLDFILE  DD  DUMMY

Of course, after the first run you'd have to change the //OLDFILE DD
statement to point to your.gdg.ds.name(-1).

    -jc-