In <0524280585683176.wa.ron5174gmail....@aime.ua.edu>, on 10/25/2011
   at 06:01 AM, Ron Thomas <ron5...@gmail.com> said:

>I have a requirement where we need to compare the current version and
>previous version of a GDG file. The job is newly created  and when it
>runs 1'st time this will be a issue as the there is no version. Pls
>advise how we need to address in this scneraio.

Write a REXX script that extracts the GDG information from the catalog
and tests whether there is more than one GDS in the GDG. If it finds
more than one then it should allocate and compare the last two.

Alternatively, the script could set a condition code and the compare
could be done in a separate step with a COND (or equivalently, inside
an IF).