Based on my past experiences with ACF2, I believe that ACF2 acts as if
each rule line contains, in RACF terms, as asterisk after the last
character.  For example, if there are the following resources protected:

APPL
APPL1
APPL2
APPX

Under RACF, access to APPL would only allow access to that resource.
However (as I said this is based on old data, and may be incorrect) ACF2
would treat the resource as if it was specified as APPL*, so access to
APPL would allow access to APPL1 and APPL2 as well as APPL.
If this is incorrect I would welcome being corrected.
Wayne Driscoll
OMEGAMON DB2 L3 Support/Development
wdrisco(AT)us.ibm.com