On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:34:33 +0000, Henke, George <george.he...@hp.com> wrote:

>Below is a list of all profiles under MENUAPPL class and our SETR list. As you
>will see there is a discrete profile for each application and 2 generic
>profiles one being **. The ** profile has a UACC(NONE) and no users on access.
>
>MENUAPPL is a *homegrown* EDS session manager.  (I did not write it or hijack
>it)
>
>I suspect this may be generating a separate SAF call for each application for
>each user and there are 1000's of users, whereas ACF2 may be *wildcarding* it.

APPL class calls are not automatic.  Your app (session mgr) is probably
making the calls to find out what applications are allowed on the menu
when a user logs on.   Other session managers can and do have options
to do the same thing.

Did you have to make any code changes to support RACF in MENUAPPL?  Or were
you already using SAF calls / RACROUTE?   Did you note a performance issue,
or just an 878 abends?   You didn't say, but was the 878 just in the MENUAPPL
application (STC?) ?  If so, and changes were made, have you just considered
that
you have a storage leak or improper code in MENUAPPL?

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com