Frank Lawrence wrote:
I was surprised to find today that IBM no longer offers OSA Token Ring as
of the introduction of the zSeries z9-109 processor line.  Apparently they
made some statement of direction about this last year, but then who takes
those things seriously.  It's sort of like when IBM responds to a SHARE
requirement with the words "future design consideration" --- you just
don't believe it is really going to happen.

I have no information about OSA Token Ring, but you should _always_ take announced statements of direction seriously.

<snip>

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing