On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:13:36 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net> wrote:

>In <7792164355560880.wa.wfarrellus.ibm....@bama.ua.edu>, on 01/24/2012
>   at 07:37 AM, Walt Farrell <wfarr...@us.ibm.com> said:
>
>>Or STCs that are really started jobs rather than started tasks
>>because they have a JOB statement in them.
>
>AFAIK the processing is the same whether there is a default JOB
>statement or one from a file. In fact, I believe that you can START a
>proc with a job statement under MSTR.

I'm not sure that's really relevant, though. They still are not submitted via
"intrdr". They're jobs, but they enter the system via "stcinrdr" not "intrdr".

I was pointing out that asking about "jobs submitted via intrdr" is very close
to the same as asking about "all jobs".

His question had more the feel of "how do I stop my TSO users from doing x",
but with the possible misunderstanding that "only TSO users use intrdr". So I
wanted to point out his possible misunderstanding and find out what he's really
trying to do.

--
Walt Farrell
IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design