On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:55:07 -0600, Tom Marchant <m42tom-ibmm...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:47:37 -0600, Walt Farrell wrote:
>
>>They're jobs, but they enter the system via "stcinrdr" not "intrdr".
>
>Are you saying that a started job is more like a job than like a
>started task?  If so, it surprises me.  I would have thought that
>once it is running it looks about the same as any started task.

No. I'm trying to say that most, but not all, jobs come in via intrdr, and that
started jobs are one of the exceptions.

If the OP wants to change all jobs that come in via intrdr from CLASS=A to
CLASS=R then that is very close to saying that he doesn't want CLASS=A at all.

If that's the case, it's probably just easier to treat class A identically to
class R, rather than writing an exit to change the job class.

If it's not the case, the OP needs to explain more about what he's trying to
do, in my opinion.

--
Walt Farrell
IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design