From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dennis McCarthy
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SMP/E Internet Service Retrieval

Greetings Everyone.

I'm running z/OS 1.4, with SMP/E 34.04 and Java SDK 1.4 at the Service
Refresh level of SR3 (PTF UQ07860). I am attempting to use the Internet
Service Retrieval with absolutely no success. The error messages I
receive
from SMP/E are:

GIM69207S ** THE CONNECTION WITH THE SERVER FAILED.
java.net.ConnectException: java.net.ConnectException: EDC8127I
Connection
timed out.

My network person has updated our corporate proxy server to allow
connections to
https://eccgw01.boulder.ibm.com/services/projects/ecc/ws/.

According to IBM's diagnosis of the trace data I've supplied:

SYNs are being sent to the corporate proxy server on port 443, but the
corporate proxy server is not responding to the SYNs. So, the connect
times
out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,