On 03/04/2012 11:29 AM, Bob Rutledge wrote:
Bob Rutledge wrote:
Andrew Metcalfe wrote:
Folks

Anyone know in which manual can I find the STCCLASS and TSUCLASS
initialisation parameters documented please?
Not in 1.12 JES2 Init & Tuning. I suspect that they are synonymous
with JOBCLASS(STC) and JOBCLASS(TSU). I have inherited support for a
JES2 system that has STCCLASS and TSUCLASS specified in the init
deck, so just looking for definitive description.

STCCLASS AUTH=ALL,
BLP=YES,
COMMAND=EXECUTE,
MSGCLASS=W,
MSGLEVEL=(1,1),
REGION=512K,
TIME=(60,0)

TSUCLASS AUTH=ALL,
BLP=YES,
COMMAND=EXECUTE,
MSGCLASS=W,
MSGLEVEL=(1,1),
REGION=512K,
TIME=(60,0)

JES2 Init & Tuning Guide/Rererence, SA22-7532/3

Also commands $DSTCCLASS and $DTSUCLASS don't appear to be documented.

JES2 Commands, SA22-7526

Sorry. The definition isn't expressly stated. It's hinted at in the
explanation for $HASP837.

Bob

The syntax for JES2 initialization parameters and commands have changed a number of times over the years, and some of those changes very definitely involved unifying extremely similar and related parameters and commands into a common syntax with an additional parameter to distinguish. I strongly suspect the STCCLASS and TSUCLASS to JOBCLASS(xxxx) are an example of this, and while the old forms may still be supported for compatibility, they would not be documented if their use is deprecated, and the old forms may cease to be supported at some arbitrary point in the future.

I suspect someone there ignored some JES2 migration instructions in the past.

I believe the JOBCLASS parameters and corresponding commands others have mentioned are the current incarnation and the versions that should be in use rather than the obsolete forms. If the sub-parameter migration is not obvious, you may have to find a manual old enough to have documentation on the old forms (or perhaps search for STCCLASS/TSUCLASS migration information on-line).

--
Joel C. Ewing,    Bentonville, AR       jcew...@acm.org