You should be able to do this in REXX very easily (around 25 line EXEC).  I
have tons of JCL where I read in a list (like the tape list) and the write out
the JCL.  This comes from many years of laziness...

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
af dc
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:03 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: TAPEMAP generator

Hello,
I need to do a tapemap for about 100 tapes (virtual volumes), I've jcl:

//V10000   EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT1   DD DISP=OLD,
//            DSN=AL2999.SOMETH,
//            DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=800,BUFNO=50),
//            UNIT=(VTS),LABEL=(1,BLP,EXPDT=98000),
//            VOL=SER=V10000

and I've volume list in format:

V10000
V10001
V10002

what is the best way to generate 100 jcls ??? rexx ? icetool ?
Many thx, A.Cecilio.

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN