af dc wrote:

>I need to do a tapemap for about 100 tapes (virtual volumes), I've jcl:

>what is the best way to generate 100 jcls ??? rexx ? icetool ?

REXX, like this (you will need seriously heavy editing before putting it in use
:-D ):

First loop is for each line containing volser and second loop is generating a
full JCL for each volser.

"ALLOC DA('<DSN WITH VOLSERS>') F(IN) SHR REUSE"
"EXECIO * DISKR IN (STEM LYS. FINIS"
"FREE F(IN)"
"ALLOC DA('<DSN FOR YOUR JCL>') F(AFVOER) OLD REUSE"
LYNE = 0
DO J = 1 TO LYS.0
    VOLSER = SUBSTR(LYS.J,1,6)
    JCL.0 = <HOW MANY LINES>
    JCL.1  = "//??? JOB ..."
    JCL.2  = "//... ETC"
    JCL.3  = ... ETC ...
    DO I = 1 TO JCL.0
       LYNE = LYNE + 1
       AF.LYNE = JCL.I
    END
END
AF.0 = LYNE
"EXECIO * DISKW AFVOER (STEM AF. FINIS"
"FREE F(AFVOER)"
RETURN

Perhaps not the best solution, but a good start...

HTH!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht