Charles Mills wrote:

<begin extract>
. . .  that correlates Model numbers, the HLASM > MACHINE() option,
and the XL C/C++ ARCH() option, and also the Enterprise PL/I option
ARCH() which (believe it or not!!!) is apparently exactly equivalent
to that of C/C++.
</end extract>

It is not a secret that XL C/C++ and Enterprise PL/I share the same
optimizer and code generator; and it is thus unsurprising that their
ARCH levels are the same.

Crowded lines sometimes result from defaulting to the option
LIST(121)?  The option LIST(133) should [almost] always be coded
explicitly.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA