ronjhawk...@sbcglobal.net (Ron Hawkins) writes:
> I didn't get to work with the 3880-13, but with the 3880-23 I think I recall
> sequential pre-fetch was initially fetching three tracks, using a
> wrap-around buffer to keep track of the last block read and maintaining two
> tracks beyond the last track accessed in cache.
>
> With 3990-3 I think this increased to five tracks, and I have no idea about
> 3990-6 and beyond.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012d.html#72 megabytes per second
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012d.html#75 megabytes per second
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012d.html#76 megabytes per second

this mentions that sequential detect is new function as of June1996
for 3990-6
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/eserver/zseries/zos/vse/pdf3/veioperf.pdf