I would expect TMS to show 'scratch' status for that tape after running
PGM=TMSCLEAN,PARM=(SCRATCHLIST).

-----Original Message-----
From: Uriel Carrasquilla [mailto:uriel.carrasqui...@mail.mcgill.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:10 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: catalogued datasets in tapes and expiration dates

Forgot to mention, yes, I am using CA-1.
I ran a GENER to copy to output file on our VTL (UNIT=V3590) with a
LABEL=EXPDT=99000 with a DISP to CATLG if successful.
It ran OK and put the dataset (no stacking) into VOL=SER=682436.
Then, via ISPF TMS, I checked the volume and it shows the expiration date with
the CATALOG description.
Then, I went to ISPF 3.2 and uncatalogued the dataset.
TMS still has the same information with the expiration date set to CATALOG.
I was expecting to see "SCRATCH" instead.
is this normal?