Hi

On 4/11/2012 11:07 PM, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:
Hi Miklos.
Interesting situation with the HSM exits.
Can you view the HSM ML2 files under USS using vi or more?
I don't touch the content, so the data remain in ML1 compressed format
I guess it would be not so hard to decompress somehow, but currently I just move the files, nothing with content .
Is the data compressed under the USS file system?
No
I suspect I could use something like FTP (or similar products) to copy to a
Linux on Intel from the HSM exit.  Is that possible?
We have here NFS client in z/OS, so we directly write to the Unix files.
I think via FTP API the FTP would be also possible
Regards,
Uriel
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] on behalf of Miklos
Szigetvari [miklos.szigetv...@isis-papyrus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:17 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: HSM to open systems

Hi

Not the same as your case, but we have here HSM exits, to use HFS (Unix)
dataset in the place of ML2
So with this exit we migrate/recall everything from/ to HFS (Unix) .

On 4/11/2012 3:41 PM, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:
My company is in the process of sun setting our MF.
We have about 40 TBytes of data under HSM control.
I have been tasked with the responsibility to pull the data and put it under a
Unix/Linux system as an archived data.
The only time we will need to reference it (without the MF) is in case some of
our users need to retrieve one of the files (not to update), just to look at.
We are supposed to keep the data for up to 15 years.
Uriel