On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:29:23 -0600, Jerry Whitteridge wrote:

>Has anyone tried (apart from Paul G) exporting the PDSE via NFS and mounting
>it at a z/Unix mountpoint on the same system ? That should be able to provide
>your path as well a classic access

We tried and failed.  But we didn't try very hard because I
couldn't justify expending much systems programmer resource
on my largely experimental need.  We have legacy data sets
exported and mounted on Solaris mountpoints.  We have
Solaris filesystems exported and mounted on z/OS.  If I need
something in both places, I keep it on a Solaris server.

John M. may have tried; I don't know with what degree of success.

-- gil