Jan MOEYERSONS wrote:

>>BTW: I really can't understand "marketing names" like z196, TS1140, or
>>DS8000. Why don't they use names like Jaguar (ok, it's partially used),
>>MAGSTAR, T-REX, MtBlanc or Cindy Crawford?

>A rose, by any other name...

Begin with dinousaurus names ( :-D ), then reptile names, then bird names, aloe
names, etc. ;-D

Or start with a series, like this example: 8088, 8086, 80286, 80386, 80486, etc.

Or use the big 5, for example in

http://www.resbank.co.za/AboutUs/PublicAwareness/Documents/A5%20all%20banknotes%20poster.pdf

where all of the big 5 are shown on our country's banknotes.

I like names for products if they are in a series or a group. Easier for
marketing blurbs in airline magazines...

:-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht