Just found this information related to the ZFS delay I'd had, which I'd filed
away. It's copied from a redpiece. I chopped bits out here and there I think,
but the full text is in the following Redpiece:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/pdfs/sg246580.pdf

2.12.2 Mounting zFS file systems copied outside the sysplex
If you have a specific system located in another sysplex that is used for
preparing and servicing UNIX System Services file systems that are type zFS,
then the first mount may take at least 65 seconds. This is caused by the write
protection implementation.

As long as the aggregate is attached read-write, the identifier is active in
block zero (0). As a result, on ADRDSSU COPY or DUMP processing, it is copied
as well.

When you mount or attach the aggregate in the target production system, zFS
sees this identifier. Because it does not reflect the sysplex environment, zFS
waits 65 seconds for an update of the time stamp value within the identifier.
If the aggregate is used read-write outside of the sysplex, then this time
stamp should get updated twice a minute, as mentioned earlier.
If no update occurs, this shows that the identifier is there without a reason.
In this case, after the 65 seconds, zFS attaches and mounts the aggregate.

To avoid the 65 seconds wait time on access to the aggregate in the production
environment, unmount or detach the source aggregate in the service system
before using ADRDSSU COPY or ADRDSSU DUMP.
OR
Switch the source aggregate to read-only access, using the ISHELL modify
interface from the mount table panel or the /usr/sbin/chmount shell command.
Then copy the contents of the aggregate. This switch removes the write
protection identifier, as well.