Charles,

I'm nearly certain that it doesn't do a SVC99 when you are using fopen with
a DDNAME

But it does seem to do a OPEN/BLDL/POINT....STOW/CLOSE    for each fopen()
/ fclose()  using //DD:MYDD(MEM)

IMO, there are a couple of important missing things:

1) There isn't a way to update (or get) the PDS directory user data when
processing the member with fopen()/fclose().

2) You would really like to be able to do this:

fopen(//DD:MYDD(MEM1), ...)
freopen(//DD:MYDD(MEM2), ....)

so that the freopen() caused a STOW (if opened update) and a BLDL/POINT,
and avoided the cost of a complete OPEN/CLOSE path.    I don't think that
it does that.

So, for my money, better BPAM support would be nice.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com