Edward Jaffe wrote:
On 5/2/2012 7:27 PM, John Gilmore wrote:
IBM should explain what it expects to accomplish during this--on the
face of it--absurdly long interval.

Absurd indeed! When was the last time one of IBM's mainframe customers enjoyed a 54-hour maintenance/upgrade outage window?

I can assure you that if I had ever experienced a 54-hour maintenance/upgrade outage window I would not have enjoyed it.

I have never seen anything like this myself, but I am relatively inexperienced compared to many on this list.

My experience dates only back to 1966.

Bob