On Mon, 7 May 2012 09:45:23 -0700, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

>So far complaints on the new verbose behavior seem to have come from folks
>who are not yet running R13.

I am running it in 6 sandbox environments, but you are correct that it
hasn't hit development nor production yet.   I like what I see so far.

The ESP customers who induced the change were
>already immersed in R13 and knew first hand how *useless* verbose messages
>are in syslog/operlog. Does everyone understand that verbose messages are
>nothing but chunks of prose lifted from the message manual? They are not
>sophisticated diagnostic guides that might provide unique insight into
>solving a particular abend. They just save you a trip to your favorite doc
>library. Over and over ad nauseam.
>
>These endlessly repetitive annotations clutter up syslog/operlog. Flotsam
>and jetsam that we can all live better with in a location closer to the
>actual problem.
>
>.

See my previous post that had real life numbers on what I expect to
see.   Hardly a clutter compared to what is already in syslog/operalog.

I asked for some of you ESP people who gave the initial feedback
(or anyone else) for your real life numbers as to what you considered
clutter.  I haven't seen any responses yet.  See the last paragraph
of this post:

https://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1205&L=ibm-main&D=1&O=D&T=0&P=140934

mailto:m...@mzelden.com