Hey guys, lighten up. IBM went out of their way to discuss this with ESP
customers who already had first hand experience with the effects of the
change. I don't remember anyone beating the drum to retain verbose
messages in syslog/operlog. After slogging through this thread, I still
don't understand the hunger for yet more detritus in the common log. Our
concern was never about sinking the ship under the weight of a few
thousand more lines of data: it was the prospect of having to wade through
ever more repetitive verbatim snippets of message manuals. That's all this
is!

Remember also that this is IBM's first venture into this arena. Today it's
only O/C/E messages. The function could well be extended (no promises) to
other components as well. Would we have to be able to selectively turn on
or off each one according to everyone's particular druthers? Would it
really be worth scarce development resources to establish yet another
elaborate option facility to slice and dice all possible choices? Not for
my $$.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson