On 2012-05-16 14:59, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Wed, 16 May 2012 07:55:48 -0600, Steve Comstock wrote:

Well, I knew someone would raise that exception. No,
Metal C does not use LE. Not sure if SP C (Systems
Programmer C) is still around and it would be an
exception too.

I believe it's been discussed in these fora that C and PL/I
share an optimizer/code generator.  I hope this includes
Metal C.  It's a long leap of logic, but that might weaken the
argument for LE entanglement.  Is MOVE, BY NAME
plausibly dependent on LE?

For PL/I is is most definitely not, it's just a shortcut for lazy people and I've worked at sites that explicitly forbade its use, considering it just as bad as a "SELECT *" in SQL.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org