Phil,

I suppose by the context you kown the problem is a lack of backup because
you have seen in the log an error something like "dataset not deleted
because it has no backup" and that's why you mention that the backup is not
done, isn't it?.

If so we need to know why the backup was not made. Some things that come to
mind:

Did you look in the backup Active log for these datasets?.
What is the value in the "backup frequency" in the MC definition?.
Are these datasets changed frequently or they remain untouched once they
were created?.
I think (not sure) that if the dataset changed it can't be deleted until a
new backup is made.

Regards,

Gonzalo Cengotita

--