You can try copying the GDG to a V01 gen

//STEP1  EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUT1   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=currentGDG.GxxxxV00
//SYSUT2   DD DISP=(,CATLG,DELETE),UNIT=tape,
//            DSN=currentGDG.GxxxxV01
//SYSIN    DD DUMMY

You are replacing the GDG number with the next version of the same GDG number.
Wild shot but might work.  It should be located right where you want it.  And
it is accessible as a GDG(0) if that is the correct position.

Lizette