In <36dfbe034dc16742b5c491a9caaca...@mail.cenhud.com>, on 06/12/2012
   at 05:08 PM, Tim Brown <tbr...@cenhud.com> said:

>During the serverpac for zos 1.13 I believe there is a step where you
>mount the new systems root system

>on the driving system at the /service point.

Installing z/OS service in general requires that the target file
systems be mounted.

>Is the command for this
>
>MOUNT FILESYSTEM('ZOS13.OMVS.VAR.ROOT') +
>  MOUNTPOINT('/service') +
>  TYPE(ZFS) MODE(RDWR)

Yes, assuming that those are the names you are using. Ensure that the
mount point is an empty directory, that there isn't already something
else mounted there and that the file system isn't mounted on another
LPAR.

>I believe we had done this originally and an IPL of the driving
>system was performed since then.

Unless you set up an automount, you need to manually remount.