[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Could one use a modest size data set and concatenate it
> with itself multiple times?

Yes, that would work.

> Could one use EXECIO in a Rexx EXEC, in which case no
> source data set whatever is necessary?  This depends on
> whether EXECIO tolerates DSORG=DA.

Perhaps EXECIO always uses SAM (to an OS non-VSAM
data set anyway), so DSORG=DA in the VTOC entry should
present no problem.

> If IEBGENER works at all, presumably one could write an
> EXEC with a POSIX pipe allocated as IEBGENER's SYSUT1,
> and again avoid the need for a source data set.

Quite likely.  Or one could use a data generation utility like
IEBDG as Ewald suggested.

There are so many options I'm surprised the OP had any
problem at all.    :)

Cheers,
Greg P.