Hmm, I found FTP reply codes in the IP and SNA Codes book:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/f1a1d220.pdf

But these are three digit codes.  I don't know anything about IBM's
electronic service agent, but in the z/OS IP User's Guide book, it states
that FTP return codes are composed of a subcommand code and a reply code -
the return code is in the range 1-99 and the reply code a three digit
number.   It appears that your RC is 10 and reply code is 000.  10 is the
subcommand code for OPEN.

I ran a test, attempting to connect to an IP address at random, and got
these messages back:
EZA1554I Connecting to:   192.168.21.3 port: 21.

EZA2590E getNextReply error from recv = (1128.74500446) - EDC8128I
Connection refused
EZA1475I Connection with 192.168.21.3 terminated

EZA1735I FTP Return Code = 10000, Error Code = 00010

Noting the return code, I'd guess you aren't connecting.

Hope this helps,

Greg Shirey
Ben E. Keith Company