On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:51:26 +0100, TISLER Zaromil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AUSTRIA.COM> wrote:

><----- snip ----->
>>these datasets will be PPRC "mirrored"
>
>One of the two sets of datasets IBM recommends to not mirror is the CDS
set.
>The other is PAGE.
>
>I have another set that I never mirror'd: SCRATCH.
>
>The overhead of synchronous mirroring kills the first two, for sure.
><----- snip ----->
>
>The GDPS hyperswap is impossible without mirroring the PAGE datasets.
>
>We don't mirror couple datasets (we are GDPS environment), but mirroring
the
>LOGR couple datasets is a must if you want to have the information about
the
>logger staging datasets.
>
>As I understand it, the reason not to mirror the couple datasets (XCF
couple
>dataset in the first place) is the possibility of freeze on the primaries.
>
>Zaromil

I am not under a GDPS environment, only PPRC to our hotsite. All Peering
will be broken when as DR scenario comes in to play. I want to have my
policies available at the initial IPL of the DR system and take off where
we had our primary system fail. I was hoping not to maintain multiple
policies and if I come up with a clean COUPLE environment, how does it deal
with CICS recovery where LOGR files were in use? I figured if I could
understand a method to keep the COUPLE datasets intct from the priary site
I would not have to do anything unusual at the DR location.