On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:27:19 +0800 Johnny Luo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>Since my first touch with z/os,I have learned to issue 'tso sdsf' in ISPF
:>to invoke sdsf.Yesterday I'm doing some customization for my tso/ispf
:>session---adding some commands to my own ispf command table.

:>One of customized ISPF commands is 'sd',I want to use it to go directly
:>to sdsf and I accomplished this by defining its action in ispf command
:>table like this:'select pgm(......).....'.

:>Then sunddently I think of the 'tso sdsf' .It seems 'sdsf' should be
:>a TSO command,but after searching TSO command reference,
:>I'm bewilered.There is no tso command named 'sdsf'.

:>Also I noticed one thing on our site:When invoking SDSF via panel
:>IBM supplied(in fact,it use the format of select pgm....),the SDSF
:>panel has menu .However,using 'tso sdsf',you'll just get a SDSF
:>panel without menu.

:>So,can anyone tell me about what happens when issuing 'tso sdsf'
:>in ISPF command line?How it can invoke SDSF panel?

SDSF is both a TSO CP and an ISPF application.

The name SDSF invokes the TSO cp.

"SELECT PGM(ISFISP) NOCHECK NEWAPPL(ISF) PARM()" invokes the ISPF one.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com