Ulrich,

Not knowing exactly which commands you are doing, or how many this may or
may not work for you.

You can always use a FB record.  The commands can be split along multiple
lines so long as there is a hyphen (-) or plus (+) at the end of the line to
indicating it is being continued on the next line.  Other than that, I am
not aware of any way to prevent line numbers from being used for a VB file
in a batch TMP.

To make my process easier (to create multi line commands)  I typically
create a REXX to read a flat file of the element (data set name, tso id,
etc) and then use ISPF Skel functions to build the JCL and command.  Saves
me from typing a lot of commands.  Or I build an ISPF panel if the task is
small and again use ISPF SKEL to build the JCL and commands.

Just the other day I had to list 248 DB2 Data bases, so I used this process
to make the work easier.  Otherwise I would still be typing now.

Lizette Koehler