On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:13:29 -0500, Don Poitras wrote:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:58:00 -0300, Jorge Arueira Campos wrote:
>
>> >I don't know what happened in cics region. Anybody have a information of
>> >PTF or APAR related with this problem, macro WAIT of SYS1.MACLIB
>> >executed under CICS 220 ???
>
>You can now have a CICS transaction call MVS WAIT if it is defined as
>"thread safe" and uses the newish OPENAPI support. The transacation is
>switched from the QR (Quasi-reentrant) TCB that runs traditional CICS
>work to a separate TCB that is allowed to issue commands that directly
>or indirectly call MVS WAIT. See:
>
>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v3r1/index.jsp?
topic=/com.ibm.cics.ts.doc/dfhe4/OpenAPI/dfhe4_overview.htm

>Some work is needed to ensure that the program truly is thread safe or
>serialization problems could occur.

Yes, for some value of "now" that would NOT include his version of CICS
(CICS 220).  His level of CICS precludes threadsafe processing by several
releases.  (It might even preceed the TRUE processing I previously
mentioned, I'm not sure.)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI