On Apr 4, 2006, at 7:57 AM, B Sysprog wrote:

Thanks to all the responders so far. I am afraid I was given no information other than "MVS/SP 3.2.2" and "DFP 3.2". These products are licensed (and running on some old IBM hardware, which has yet to be identified) by a non-US company that we acquired. Migration is the goal; how we accomplish that is under investigation. My initial thoughts are that the applications need to be moved, rather than the entire MVS image.

Best,
BK Kosmach
412 433 1639

That is entirely a different matter.

It really depends on a lot of things like what version of cobol they were running. It might be just a recompile (if you are lucky) with minimal changes.

If its assembler there are too many unknowns (for my taste) and at least a scan of the source with an eye towards an OS dependency. If there are other languages its up for grabs, IMO. There might be a whole re-write or just a lot of code to go through, its really difficult to say.

You might luck out and vary little might be needed for update, its really hard to tell and only a person with a precticed eye can tell you for sure where the trouble spots will be.

Ed