Actually, 2. is incorrect.  From the z/OS 1.7 WLM Planning book:

"IMPORTANT: If you enable dynamic alias management, you must also enable I/O priority management. So you need to specify yes for both of these options on the panel. If I/O priority management is set to no, you will get only the efficiency part of dynamic alias management and not the goal-oriented management. This means that WLM will make alias moves that minimize overall IOS queueing, but these moves will not take service class goals into
consideration."

Bob

Ted MacNEIL wrote:

Do you have I/O Priority Management turned on?
It seems basic, but without it two things happen:
1. Execution Velocity is calculated with only CPU values.
2. PAV is not dynamic.