Why not get a zAAP and use Java? Java is not really all that bad to
program it. And the compiler is "free" as is the run time (JVM). Now,
without a zAAP, forget it. It is CPU intensive (compared to COBOL or
PL/I). The current COBOL can INVOKE a JAVA class.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.