>'ve lost track of the times I've told people why 0M is a bad idea for a
>server-type program, and in general is a bad idea.

IBM has shipped 0M for 'server-types', for years.
VTAM, NETVIEW, IMS, DB2, MQ-Series, to name a few.

I don't have a problem with that.
Where I have a problem is with application programmes using it.
At one place we had an exit (UJI?), that over-rode regular Batch and TSO to a
non-zero region specification.
If you needed more, you could specify it.
You just couldn't specify 0M.
Also, if you specify anything over 16M, you still have the same problem below
the line that you have with 0M.
The cushion (IEALIMIT) is gone.

-
-teD