On Monday 24 April 2006 08:58, Charles Mills wrote:

> ... the short version is //DD:REPFILE
>
> The earlier (current?) versions of the FTP manual manage to hide this
> feature like they were ashamed of it or something, .....

My understanding (I may be wrong) is that support for //DD:ddname was a
by-product of a change in one of the C routines used by the FTP client,
i.e. it's not something that resulted from a change in the code for the
FTP client itself. ISTR //DD:ddname was introduced in OS/390 R9 or R10.
A few releases later (z/OS 1.2 IIRC), VSAM support became available in
the FTP client through the same mechanism, but it's neither documented
not supported.  Again, this is my understanding, don't take my word for
it.

--

 Gilbert Saint-Flour
 GSF Software