Hello, DB2 V7.1, z/OS 1.4, WLM Goal Mode here, with DB2 PM, cross posting
to DB2-L and IBM-Main, here!

There is a lot written about this topic in the archives, and I'm also
looking at other resources (Hugh Smith presentation, DB2 Admin guide,
etc.) but I'd like to make a recommendation to our Systems folks this
afternoon and would appreciate any perspective anyone can offer:

Here is an excerpt  from our WLM DB2 Transaction Classification screen:

1  SI           DBP1
2        PN   FIPLAN     DB2TTRAN
2        PN   MANTIS     DB2PTRAN
2        PN   *

DBP1 is our production subsystem.  I assume that DBTTRAN has a lower
priority than DB2PTRAN.  (Because FIPLAN is mostly batch against
production and MANTIS is mostly online.)  I assume the asterisk is to
prevent our DDF threads from falling into the default discretionary class.
 (Is this true?)

My issue is that I would like to throttle our users MSACCESS threads to
this DBP1 subsystem.  Could this be as simple as adding:

2        CI   MSACCESS   DB2TTRAN

To the above list?   (DB2 PM says MSACCESS is the 'Correlation Name'.  It
also says MSACCESS.EXE is the 'Client Application Name'.)  I get plenty of
'Thread Id' stuff from PM, but am having trouble mapping it to the 'WLM
Classification Attribute' abbreviations in the DB2 Admin guide.

Is there a better approach?

Thanks in advance!

Stg