Daniel A. McLaughlin wrote:

Good day. We're trying to hook into OSA-ICC with Attachmate, and it's not an elegant solution. It makes me wonder about products like PCOMM and AF/Remote for that process instead of Attachmate.

Have any of you opted for either of the latter two over Attachmate? If so, what was your justification? We're licensed for Attachamte, and we have an old copy of AF/Remote which we are looking at upgrading for this project. In the meantime, we've been at this for days, our primary problem being that we can't get the PC running Attachmate to come up as a NIP console.

One last thought. If IBM is asking us to replace 2074s and 3174s with this new and improved OSAC-ICC solution, will PCOMM become a free product if it isn't already? Just wondering.....

PCOMM is not free, definitely. It is the most expensive terminal emulator I know. Regarding to the ICC consoles: I tried PCOMM which obviously works (however needs some manual changes in .WS file), I also tried NMT product, which is small, fast and cheap (approx 1/10 of PCOMM price).
See: www.nexit.com
In other words, it need not be PCOMM.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka